Friday, January 31, 2014

~Thing #8~

I used my friend Kyle Sipple's Flickr to create a .gif using Gickr. He takes the most gorgeous landscape pictures and lives in Utah. You should really check him out!

Flickr mashups could be used to help students get more creative and help them see that although it is a culmination of pictures, there is still so much more you can do with them. As an English teacher, I could tell them to use the .gif making Flickr tool to create a .gif of images that coincide with whatever story we're watching. It will help apply knowledge and make them think outside of the box.

When I think about sharing photos online, I truly think it's a great tool to publish yourself and have many people exposed to your pictures. However, this can also cause a problem because at the same time it gives everyone the power to do what they please with you photo. Even now with screen capturing tools, no photo is safe from not being downloaded. Even if a website disables left clicking or for example, a Flickr uses turns off the download feature, someone can still screen capture the image that they want and re-upload it elsewhere as their own.

The same applied to personal pictures. Once something has hit the web, it will most likely never go away. Any extensive research can find the photo once again.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you are so creative! Photography is amazing, and I wish I was talented enough to conquer such a neat form of art. Kyle's pictures are wonderful; I love the one where the guy's coat seems to be lit up like a Christmas tree. My eyes are torn between him and the amazing view he's taking in!

    ReplyDelete