Thursday, January 16, 2014

~Thing #2~

As stated in Thing 1, I have a lot of experience with blogs. I started in about 2006 with MySpace, updating a small personal blog on my own personal page. That same year, I started another blog with LiveJournal. I kept up with these for about a year and moved on to BlogSpot. After keeping my BlogSpot for a while, I searched for even better blogging websites. That's when I happened upon WordPress and Tumblr. To this day, those are my favorite two blogging websites because of their vast possibilities in customizing and connecting with others.

My posting name is just my first and middle name. It's what I've gone by on the Internet since I began avidly using the Internet, and I'm a huge believer in branding if you want to make something of yourself. I chose my blog name because I aspire to be an English professor one day. It's a nerdy play on words: Prufrock is short for Alfred Prufrock. This name is from a poem by T.S. Elliot titled "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock. I really love this poem because of how vividly T.S. Elliot described things, going from being very detailed to being vague. The rest of the title "prufRock And Roll" comes from my love of music, especially the rock genre.

Creating this blog was really easy once I figured out what I wanted my title of it to be. It was easy because I have former experience with BlogSpot and HTML overall.

I created my avatar to look like myself. I am a confident person and I like the way I look. It bothers me that our society prizes self-deprecating over self-confidence, and that's why I decided I wanted my avatar to look as similar to me as possible, style and all. I gave her a fringe because I've sported a fringe or some style of bangs since the beginning of high school. My avatar has on a baseball tee and tight jeans. This outfit is typical of comfort and generally of people that love music and the style resurfaced in the late 90's with the rise of pop punk, and that especially reflects my personality. Lastly, she has a dog because I absolutely love dogs and I figured accessorizing my avatar with a guitar looked too adolescent and un-professional.

1 comment:

  1. I think it is really cool that folks are into blogging. I am not one of those people. I remember starting a LiveJournal and that lasted for all of one post. About the only thing close to a blog I have been able to maintain is a Facebook. How do you stay interested in blogging?

    ReplyDelete