Thursday, January 30, 2014

~Thing #4~

Commenting on other blogs is a quintessential thing to do to create a community and receive insight. When people express their inner thoughts on any subject, they usually like to hear or read some personal insight from other people that share the same passion, problem, or career as they do. Nobody likes feeling alone on an idea no matter how original and unique someone likes to be. Once you interact with others, it opens the door and encourages other to interact with you. It's sort of like being in public at a waiting room or on the first day of class. Everyone will sit quietly and observe others, and it takes the brave voice to speak up and say something before conversations start and a sense of community is created. Through this is how relationships and friendships are formed.

I think it's really important to encourage commenting on your blog. Ending with a question and inviting people to comment are truly two key steps to have more people comment on your blog. Without those, it is unlikely that someone will feel the need to leave a comment.

  • Mr. Braem's 23 Things
  • Miss Queener's 23 Things
  • Esther's 23 Things
  • Ms. Nicole's 23 Things
  • 23 Things
  • CoryCopeland.Net
  • From Elsewear

    I selected the first five blogs because they are my classmates's blogs. They are all writing on the same 23 things that I am, and it is interesting to see their points of views and inner monologue for each of the "things". The last two blogs are blogs that I frequent. Cory Copeland is a guy that speaks about his faith and his experiences. I really like what he has to say most of the time and he writes about things that are very relatable. From Elsewear's blog is fashion inspiration and encourages people to be the future and create their own style. I am the video production manager and I love seeing what my friend Jami is grabbing inspiration from. It helps me create the video combining both her vision and mine.

    On the first blog, I commented about another blog he mentioned. I honestly found it interesting and new. On the second blog, the writer mentioned an exercise on how to use blogs in the classroom, and I really liked the idea! On the third blog, the writer was slightly worried and hoping she was blogging right, and I simply assured her that her blog looks great. On the fourth blog, the writer was talking about where she was weak in the 7 habits of life long learning. I simply gave a little advice on how being positive can build confidence. On the 5th blog, I agreed that remembering to play and relax on vacations can be really hard for me too.

    On the last two blogs, I simply left a comment about my personal insight of the subjects.

  • No comments:

    Post a Comment