Friday, January 31, 2014

~Thing #7~

I went with option B for my thing #7. I have used Flickr for a long time because photography has been a business for me for about three years now. I've always been really interested in photography and have taken pictures for a long time, but only within the last few years did I make photography a professional business for me.

I haven't been able to take many pictures recently, but this is one of the more recent favorite photos that I've taken:

Mike Muse, Amuse

You can click on it to enlarge the photo to take a better look if you'd like. I took this photo of the band Amuse at the Hoosier Dome in Indianapolis, Indiana. The bass guitarist and also one of the vocals, Mike Muse, is the focus in this picture and in the background is their drummer Weston Jordan. The band's name is Amuse and plays classic pop-punk music. You can find their music here.

I personally don't use Flickr for my photos because I prefer to upload them to my company's personal website, 9:29 P.M.

I don't think I will use Flickr because ever since they let Yahoo buy them out, their website has become cluttered and unorganized, and is not as minimalistic and clean as it used to be. It's great for other types of photography, but as far as band, concert, and promo photography, it falls short. I would rather my students learn to easily create a website and upload their photos through there than to use Flickr. However, if they are in need of photos that they haven't taken, I will encourage them to use Flickr because it easily sets the boundaries up between fair-use photos and copyrighted photos that the artist would rather not let anyone use for free.

The only other photo hosting service that is not considered social media that I've used is Photobucket. I really don't like photo bucket because once your personal file is full, the image, if posted on another website, immediately disappears and instead in place shows a Photobucket image saying there is no more space to host the photo.



No comments:

Post a Comment