Wednesday, April 30, 2014

~Thing #19~

Social networking for educators can help them keep in touch with their students even better as long as it's education-centered and appropriate. For example, a Facebook group used solely for educational purposes would be a great use for social media. In my news class, we had a group on Facebook so that it would be easier for all of us to get in touch with each other, view the rundown whenever we needed, and to assign last minute stories if needed.

I am, almost unfortunately, a part of many online communities. First and foremost is YouTube. Afterwords I am also a part of Tumblr, Instagram, and Wordpress.

The sites I mentioned are appealing to me because YouTube is video, Tumblr is a social culmination of blogs, Instagram are pictures from friends, and Wordpress is blogging outlet that one can also follow other blogs on.

I find it interesting that it recommended teachers to try Google+ mainly because I don't think anyone ever uses Google+ for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment