Wednesday, February 19, 2014

~Thing #10~

RSS and newsreaders are really handy when you don't want to get wrapped up in the sea of webpages that the Internet provides. Instead, it gives you one consistent feed with the things that you do want to see.

At school, I could ask my students to create their own RSS feed and their bell ringer could be to pick an article from their RSS feed and write about/summarize it. In my personal life, an RSS feed could be a quick news feed for me so that whenever I feel like reading something leisurely, I could open it up and find an article that interests me without the hassle of muddling through several different websites.

Teachers could use RSS feeds in the same way that I explained above for students to have interactive activities to do, or for their own personal use for the classroom. It would be a quick way to find ideas that they could use in their classroom or for worksheets or projects. It basically makes life just a little more simple and internet time a little more concise.

Just in case anyone is curious, the seven feeds that I subscribed to are

  • TheMakeUpGirl
  • Refinery29
  • DIY Musician Blog
  • Gungor
  • Pitchfork
  • Cool Cat Teacher Blog
  • Edudemic

    The first two are beauty/fashion blogs. I really love fashion and how it both impacts society and society impacts it. The next three are music pages: DIY being for self-made musicians who look to succeed in the recording industry, Gungor is a Christian band that will surprise you, and Pitchfork is a music festival that always includes up and coming artists. The last two are education/teaching blogs that pertain to things that teachers need.

  • No comments:

    Post a Comment